Presenting Your Property
The majority of people buy a home based on their first impressions. The emotional impact they receive with the first moments of viewing your property can have a huge impact on the price they are willing to pay.
The key is to market your property as though you were buying it yourself. Remember, money spent carefully upfront can make thousands of dollars difference to the final sale price. It’s amazing how minor improvements can boost the overall appeal of your property.
Peter Blackshaw Real Estate works with you to ensure that your property shines. From calling in professional decorators, to creating the right setting for photography and inspections, we attend to every detail.
Here are some simple steps for making sure your home is ready to show:
- Trim and tidy the gardens, sweep paths and driveways
- Clean all windows and make sure your front door is clean, well maintained and welcoming
- Clean up inside – a soft brush and a damp cloth can work wonders to brighten up your home
- Brush away cob webs, dust from window frames and sills
- Arrange professional cleaning – this can be a worthwhile investment, especially if you are short on time
- Bring paintwork back to life with touch-ups or a fresh coat
- Consider updating low cost items such as cupboard door handles for a refreshed look
- Make sure the house is well aired to remove odours such as pet and cooking smells
- Remove clutter and ensure your furniture doesn’t restrict movement around the house
- Tidy up inside your cupboards as buyers will check for storage space
- Lock away valuables
- Keep pets out of the way
- Add welcoming touches, such as fresh flowers and soft music
- Make sure we have all the information about the property’s features